Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm still waiting...

Good thing I wasn't depending on the Uticaod.com's text messaging service to tell me who won the presidential election.

If I was, I STILL wouldn't know whether it was Barack Obama or John McCain who will be inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States on January 20, 2009.

Last night, I signed up for The Observer-Dispatch's text messaging service called "Text Me OD" as part of an experiment for online journalism class. The objective was to see how soon after the election results were announced I would receive that all-important message alerting me as to who would be our next president.

Well, I still haven't received that message, and if I was truly depending on "Text Me OD" for my news (in this case the election results), I wouldn't be a very happy camper.

Someone's not doing their job...

No comments: