Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blogging from Panama

I just wanted to give a "heads-up" and let you know that I'll be traveling to Panama City, Panama tomorrow through Sunday with three other UM students and a professor for my Media Convergence class.

We're going as a team of reporters working for the website www.1h20.org, part of the One Water project, "aimed at engaging the media to bring public awareness to the global water crisis."

While our assignments for the 1h20 site are aimed toward print and visual media, I don't see why I can't add an element of online journalism (blogging) to the project through this class blog. I plan to post daily updates of our work and experiences in the Southernmost country of Central America, and welcome you to follow along. I'll even post some of the pictures that I take.

Check back over the next five days for updates on my travels. If I don't a new post each day, it's likely because of limited internet availability. If that's the case (which I won't really know until I get there), I'll be sure to have each day's log posted by early next week upon my arrival back in Miami.

Adios! (just practicing for the next five days...)

No comments: