Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blog Binge

After sharing some surprising (and I'd also have to say distressing) information in my last post that nearly half of newspaper editors do not check their website traffic during the day, I thought I'd provide some more positive news surrounding the world of online news.

This might also provide some of you with new media outlets from where to get your news...

American Journalism Review recently published a list of blogs and other online media sites that are read daily by some of the country's most well-known political writers and reporters (from outlets such as The Chicago Tribune, USA Today, ABC, NPR, and The Washington Post).

As part of a Brodeur study of reporters and social media, 69 political reporters listed their favorite blogs. Their top five:

* The Huffington Post
* Real Clear Politics
* Talking Points Memo
* Daily Kos
* Townhall.com

AJR reported that "More than 70 percent of the political journalists surveyed by communications firm Brodeur in May said they spent at least an hour per day reading blogs and other online media."

I know I definitely spend at least one hour per day reading blogs and other online media (I'll admit 99 percent of it is dedicated to sports). How about you guys? How much of your 24-hour day is devoted to reading news or blogs online?

No comments: